Watch Dailymotion 720p HD
Here is a place to check results and comment along with the airing of WWE NXT in its regular Wednesday night at 8PM Eastern time slot on WWE Network.
Check out to get caught up on what has been happening, this week and what we expect.
We’ll post match results , and we will have our reactions post. Meanwhile, and most importantly, this provides you Cagesiders a place to rave and/or bitch about whatever happens on the third brand of WWE – through its first broadcast!
NOTE: Spoilers are out there for these pre-taped broadcasts (including here), but a lot of Cagesiders don’t partake. If you’re going to post or talk spoilers for this show before they happen, or results of future shows, please use the spoiler bar in your comment.
Enjoy the show!
– The opening theme plays a crawl about the death of Dynamite Kid. By hyping the appearance of the champ later, mauro Ranallo, Percy Watson & Nigel McGuinness welcome us. But we start with The Bro Show…
– Matt Riddle def. Punishment Martinez with the Bro-Mission via submission
Martinez uses his power but Matt turns him around, releases and taunts him. Riddle dodges some strikes and locks in a choke. Back drop breaks it, but it’s locked back , then Punishment breaks the hold. A charging Riddle is caught by back-and-forth for a couple of seconds, but Martinez with a kick and takes control. He answers a few slaps with a goozle and answers a chop with a huge clothesline, but Riddle slides out and lands a head kick. Punishment tries to break the hold, but stops fighting to pay up from chest slaps and ends up tapping.
– Kassius Ohno appears, As Riddle poses on the ramp. He gets a mouthful of elbow, After the Bro turns. Ohno poses down the boos over the downed Riddle as the audience rains.
– Hype movie for Ricochet transitions us to an”earlier today” interview with the media. The North American champ points out he’s yet to be pinned on a Take Over. As to what’s next, next week he intends to defend his title. He heads off to talk to General Manager William Regal about that, and we’re informed Regal approved and Ricochet will confront an challenger Wednesday.
– Heavy Machinery pumping weights kicks off a section where Tucker Knight talks about what they’ve learned since their title shot against AoP, and how they have been living clean and going through everybody who has been put in front of them. Until they get the tag names, their NXT careers will not be complete, and they want a shot at Undisputed ERA.
– Regal’s announcement about the Fatal 4Way to find out the #1 contender to the Women’s name is shown, and we get a couple quick clips of Bianca Belair qualifying last weekend. Three spots are TBD for the Dec. 26 match to determine Shayna Baszler’s opponent at Take Over: Philadelphia.
– Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler with Jaxson Ryker) vs. Humberto Carrillo & Raul Mendoza via pin fall (Blake held Carrillo while Cutler stomped him from the middle rope)
Cutler’s power gets the better of Mendoza to begin, but Raul uses his speed to prevent and land a kick, getting Steve to his or her corner. After they connect with a tandem move, Cutler pushes Carrillo to the corner where Blake comes at a similar exchange with Humberto. Neither team can get the upper hand for a stretch, but the former tag champ muscles Mendoza to the corner and they operate the warmth for some time until both men receive a tag after Raul snaps off a suplex. Humberto cleans house and receives a near fall off a moonsault, but that’s broken up. Mendoza tries to dive to take out Cutler in retaliation, but is met with a forearm, taking out him. Carrillo tries to set-up to leap on Cutler, but him slides into his knee off the ropes headfirst, and then we get the finish.
– Cathy Kelley interviews Velveteen Fantasy, who has the capacity to receive his music played and the set lit with a snap of his fingers in purple. Once he’s done that, he answers Kelley’s question about what is next for him. Everyone is talking about the Dream, even Triple H, so you might say he won. As to what’s next? He snaps his fingers and changes the set back to normal, and says”leaving “.
– Undisputed ERA is at a more secure spot. Adam Cole asked if they made sure the doors were locked. That covered, Bobby Fish addresses EC3’s challenge from last week. He’s mistaken, thinking Fish is just another man. He about. Roderick Strong wonders who’s left for he & Kyle O’Reilly to face that they hurt War Raiders in WarGames. They laugh Street Gains and The Mighty off Kyle wonders Heavy Machinery, about these construction workers. Their six month undefeated streak, he mocks, and Cole does their gimmick that is final.
– Mauro Ranallo gives us an update on the Raiders, telling us Hanson is recovering from broken ribs, a punctured spleen and torn ligaments he suffered during the WarGames game two weeks ago.
– Shayna Baszler def. Dakota Kai with a Kirifuda Clutch via submission
The Women’s champ comes out with Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir, then tries to bully Kai to the corner. Dakota takes Shayna down and refuses to bow. Where she’s able to grab the leg of Kai and whip it, baszler rolls out. Back in, the Queen of Spades attempts to stomp the elbow in precisely the same way she injured Dakota but Kai rolls through and gets a roll-up for two. She tries for another hold and ends up snapping the elbow, but the Captain of Team Kick will not give up and delivers a flurry of feet to the kneeling champ, and then works through most of her finishing sequence before the champ grabs her with a running high knee. Kai takes another knee but dodges a third and hits a bicycle kick to set up a stomp from the top for a near fall. They battle to the top rope, where Kai headbutts her way free, but ends up taking a gutwrench superplex. Baszler is not able to cover and back on their feet, Dakota locks the arm and blasts the champ with facewash kicks. She runs the ropes and gets taken down with a drop toehold, then the champ locks in her finisher.
– Duke and Shafir pick up a Kai from the wake and drive her into the champ for a letdown, but her comes Io Shirai! She cleans the house, blasting Marina & Jessamyn with a drop kick and hammering Shawn with a palm strike. Kai is back up and lines up for her Yakuza kick, but the champ is pulled by another Horsewomen into safety. The two sides as the champ’s team backs up the ramp.
– Dominik Dijakovic gets another promo vid, and we learn we’ll get EC3 vs. Bobby Fish and Ricochet vs. a Mystery Opponent! next week
– NXT Champ Tommaso Ciampa enters the arena. With goldy over his shoulder and a mic in hand, he says that he NXT’s MVP. He’s a man of his word… he finished the fairy tale, shattered the mystique and turned the dream into a nightmare. Yet still, we refuse to believe in him. He points at a few fans and at Mauro, saying none of us believe in him but Mamma Mia! There he stands. After all is said and done, his title reign will go down as the greatest in NXT. Kids will study him. He’s 2018’s sports entertainer of the year, and he’ll be 2019’s sports entertainer of… [Aleister Black’s music plays]
– Black makes his way into the ring with a mic in hand, and rises on stage. Clamp holds up the belt in his face while the fans chant for Aleister. He tells us in L.A., he stood toe-to-toe with Johnny Gargano and absolve him of his sins – sins that the”puppetmaster” Ciampa caused. But he’ll absolve Tommy of his sins, also, because he is invoking his NXT name rematch for Phoenix. But here comes Johnny!
– Gargano says whoa, whoa, whoa and comes out. Things between them aren’t done until he says they are. They get chin-to-chin and start jawing, and the champ says”I really like it when you leave Johnny Wrestling in the back and bring out Johnny Badass”. He says that he knows what it’s like when Gargano gets fixated on something, and it seems like he is fixated on Aleister. He saw them tear it up in Take Over, and the only thing was it should have been them in the cage. So, he’s just talking, but if it were him, he would not be satisfied until they ended things… in a steel cage.
Tampa gets the crowd chanting for it, and Johnny snaps saying if that is what the people want, that is what they will do. Black is enraged, too, saying Gargano should remember that’s over now, although he showed him mercy. He will fight with him in a parking lot, or in a steel cage. Johnny snatches the parking lot line, and uses it remind Aleister that he is the person who put him on the shelf for three months, and if they get in the cage, he’s going to do worse. Aleister attempts to unleash a Black Mass, but Johnny dodges and bails. Instead, Black strikes Ciampa with one while he is laughing on the apron accepts the match.