Much to the consternation of my dear friend Rev. Claire Elizabeth, Baron Corbin started calling himself the”General Manager Elect” of Raw this past Monday.
The 3 hours of television WWE cranked out on Nov. 26 was such a steaming pile of crap, this small bit of crap went largely overlooked. It’s a tricky enough term, I guess. It certainly sounds better than”Acting General Manager who is really sure he’s going to defeat the wounded competitor his boss is making him ace wrestle in a match with furniture and hardware so that he can drop the’Acting’ bit off his title, Baron Corbin”.
It seemed to confuse some folks though, beginning with Matt Hardy, who began campaigning for the position on Twitter:
These DASTARDLY GMs are abusing their positions & power on #RAW.
— #WOKEN, yet #BROKEN, Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) November 27, 2018
Hardy quickly picked up his first endorsement:
Matt also won the support of Mike Rome. And when all of this social networking activity caught the eye of someone at Titan Towers, WWE gave the aspiring authority figure some free advertising. The Broken Baby-Kisser seems to be turning that into a write-in effort for his Woken Warriors:
You would make an absolutely divine, stupendous GM my compeer.
My vote all the way!
— Bray Wyatt (@WWEBrayWyatt) November 27, 2018
Now, after the last [checks calendar]… infinity of authority figure drama on Monday nights, I’d definitely be on-board with having a General Manager whose grasp of reality is tenuous at best. Maybe that should begin with his winning a non-existent election?
— #WOKEN, yet #BROKEN, Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) November 30, 2018
If they would like to go with less dadaist booking, then they could use the popular speculation regarding Bray Wyatt as a replacement for Braun Strowman against Baron Corbin at TLC. The Eater of Worlds wins, gives one former tag partner the GM-ship and the other a shot at Brock Lesnar’s Universal title. Wham bam thank you ma’am.
- Who knows? We are going to drive ourselves battier than Brother Nero trying to figure out where the Raw brain trust is headed.
- So, in summation, Vote Woken Matt. And while you’re at it, stop with this”Elect” nonsense.
- WWE NEWS: Are you ready For a Triple Threat Match in Wreslemania 35?
- AJ Styles will face Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship in TLC
- WWE Monday Night Raw December 03, 2018 Outcomes
- Braun Strowman Eliminated from WWE Mixed Match Challenge
- FOX wants Ronda Rousey as SmackDown Celebrity
- Tyler Breeze & baron Corbin break kayfabe to bust ghosts
- WWE SmackDown Live December 03 , 2018 Preview
- WWE NEWS: This Year Tribute Show will be on 4th of December 2018
- WWE confirms that surgery will be undergone by Braun Strowman
- Pair of NXT stars booked before TakeOver: Phoenix a week for indie show
- Is Ronda Rousey Ready To Defend Her Title In TLC Match?
- WWE Monday Night Raw December 03, 2018 Preview
- WWE NXT NEWS: Matches and Highlight for November 28, 2018
- WWE SmackDown Live ratings (Nov. 27, 2018):
- Charlotte Flair Supports heel turn during SmackDown Live
- WWE NEWS: Superstar Wrestler Enzo Amore banned on Monday night Raw and Smackdown upcoming show
- Keith Lee will be faced by lars Sullivan next week at NXT