The Usos and New Day have wrestled in Virtually every SmackDown tag title match this Season
The Bar is going to defend the Smack Down tag titles in a triple threat match against The Amos and New Day at the upcoming TLC event on Sun., Dec. 16, 2018, from the SAP Center in San Jose, California.
The announcement of the match wasn’t surprising, considering that WWE booked the champs to lose distinct games against The Usos and New Day on consecutive episodes of Smack Down Live. There isn’t much doubt that these three groups will put on a hell of a game, but does not it feel like we’ve seen a ton of championship matches this year which included The Usos or New Day?
I decided to look at all the SmackDown tag team championship games that aired on Smack Down Live or pay-per-view (PPV) this year, and you can judge for yourself how well those two teams have locked down the Smack Down tag title scene in 2018. is the full list of every
- January 2 (Smack Down Live): The Usos (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable
- January 28 (Royal Rumble): The Isis (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable
- March 11 (Fast lane): The Isis (c) vs. New Day
- April 8 (Wrestle Mania 34): The Isis (c) vs. New Day vs. Bludgeon Brothers
- April 27 (Greatest Royal Rumble): Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos
- June 17 (Money in the Bank): Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
- June 19 (Smack Down Live): Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
- July 15 (Extreme Rules): Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. Team Hell No
- August 19 (Summer Slam): Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. New Day
- August 21 (Smack Down Live): Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. New Day
- September 16 (Hell in a Cell): New Day (c) vs. Rose Day
- October 6 (Super Show-Down): New Day (c) vs. The Bar
- October 16 (Smack Down 1000): New Day (c) vs. The Bar
- November 2 (Crown Jewel): The Bar (c) vs. New Day
There are 14 total championship matches recorded here, and just three of the games don’t include The Usos or New Day. Those three matches took place in June and July when the Bludgeon Brothers were fending off challenges from the Fantastic Brothers and Team Hell No.
The sequence of matches shows that 2018 was dominated by the Usos early in the year, the Bludgeon Brothers at the middle of the year, and New Day late in the year.
If the whole list is scrutinized even further, it turns out that only two of the matches do not include either New Day or Bludgeon Brothers. Those two matches both happened in January, which means every championship match since the end of January comprised either New Day or Bludgeon Brothers. The title match at TLC 2018 will be the 7th consecutive title match featuring New Day.
The entire list also demonstrates that Rusev Day just had one championship match this season (and it was on a PPV pre-show). SaniTY had a zero championship games this year. There are several awesome combinations of possible championship games that we did not get to see in 2018.
What do you think about this list, Cagesiders? Do you think WWE has done a commendable job of dispersing around SmackDown tag team championship games this year one of the roster? Or are you a little exhausted with the same few teams getting title shot following a title shot?
Read More :
- WWE NEWS: Are you ready For a Triple Threat Match in Wreslemania 35?
- AJ Styles will face Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship in TLC
- WWE Monday Night Raw December 03, 2018 Outcomes
- Braun Strowman Eliminated from WWE Mixed Match Challenge
- FOX wants Ronda Rousey as SmackDown Celebrity
- Tyler Breeze & baron Corbin break kayfabe to bust ghosts
- WWE SmackDown Live December 03 , 2018 Preview
- WWE NEWS: This Year Tribute Show will be on 4th of December 2018